Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The 15 things I love about breastfeeding

Reposted with Permission

Originally blogged at "The Young Johnsons" by Jill Johnson


This post was written by my cousin's wife Jill. Although Kyle, Jill and baby Jack live in the States, Jack is still half Aruban and merits a special spot on this site. Take it away, Jill...





15 Things I Love About Breastfeeding


  1. Poopy diapers aren't so scary
  2. Being everything my son needs to live. Wow.
  3. Burning calories while sitting on my big post-pregnancy butt
  4. Motivates me to continue to eat nutritiously & drink tons of water
  5. The glorious delayed return of Aunt Flow
  6. I can text, talk, read, eat, type all while feeding him
  7. Rockin' nutritional value for him
  8. It gives me a chance to give Jack his mani/pedi
  9. Makes me feel empowered that we overcame the "beginner's difficulties"
  10. Saving money is always fun
  11. Getting the chance to play with his chubby thighs, hands, arms, and tiny feet at least 6 times a day
  12. 9 out of 10 times he will pass out in my arms after nursing
  13. The way he looks up at me while eating is intoxicating
  14. Food needs no preparation...which is nice when I'm barely awake
  15. I get to keep Jack close

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's beautiful! My boy is 7 months now and though we still breastfeed all day long, our feeding relationship has changed. He's so alert and interested in everything else happening!
    I love #12 though. I remember those days so well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post so much. I loved # 9 & 13
    I recollect with fondness how her milk drunk smile and face would drift off into a nursing induced slumber <3

    ReplyDelete